Have you heard about this new thing called TikTok? If you haven’t you might wanna do some research about it. TikTok has over one billion users and it is available in over 150 countries worldwide with 75 languages. Surprising, isn’t it? For a platform that originates from 2016, it sure is. Let’s learn more about it.
The TikTok social media application is basically a place where people can express themselves freely by posting short videos, mostly doing lip-syncing and dancing to their favorite songs and videos. It is most popular among teenagers but the user-base is from 13 to 30-year-old people. Here is why you should use it.
Tik Tok Statistics
- In November of 2018, TikTok reported that the number was 680 million monthly active users. We estimate that it’s increased to 900 million as of now.
- According to Business Insider, TikTok has hit over 1.5 billion downloads which means they are outperforming Instagram. The most users come from India which accounts for 1/3 of the entire user base, followed by China(10 %) and the US(8.2%).
- What is interesting about TikTok is that the users just can’t get enough of it. The average usage time per day is 52 minutes on the platform and on average, users open the app 8 times per day.
- A vast majority – 83% – of the users have actively posted a video that pretty much says a lot about how addicting and engaging the app is.
- TikTok is so famous that the giant Facebook has made a similar app called “Lasso” which has over 250 thousand downloads in the U.S. alone since last November. In comparison, TikTok had 41.3 million users in that timeframe.
- What’s amazing about TikTok is that every day over 1 million videos are being watched.
- Eighty percent of TikTok’s user-base comes from Android users.
- TikTok.com ranks 552 on Alexa.
Users Experience on This Social Media App
The second you download TikTok and you create an account, you are already deep-diving into a world of videos (Home) that are based around your field of interests. If you like what you see, you can like, comment or share the videos you see. If you don’t, you can simply swipe down to move on to another video or user.
Tik Tok Influencers
Like any social media app, TikTok also has its own hall of fame. What’s the most amazing thing about this app is that even an average person can be an influencer on TikTok. You don’t believe us? Here are the top 5 influencers, we are sure you won’t recognize them as they are not celebrities of any sort.
- Charli D’Amelio ranks as number 5 on our list with 23.2 million followers on TikTok. She joined in June 2019 as a 15-year old girl from Connecticut and she quickly went on to be one of the most viral TikTokers on the app. Her success led her to a spot in the collab group Hype House and as well as an invitation to dance on stage with the Jonas Brothers.
- Kristen Hancher is number 4 on our picklist. She has a following of 23.4 million. Her videos are mostly lip-syncing videos and lots of hair color changes. Now, she is a member of Jake Paul’s team 10 squad and lives in the infamous LA mansion full of social media stars.
- Whilst he’s only 16, Riyaz Afreen has established himself as an actor and a star through going viral on TikTok with a total fan base of 27.9 million followers! Often, he likes to feature other popular Indian TikTokkers on his account.
- Our number 2 is a leader – she was the first to get to the 20-million followers’ mark. Her TikTok is called Baby Ariel, and her name is Ariel Martin. She is 19 years old and her fame led her to appearances on multiple TV Shows for companies like Disney & Nickelodeon TV. She currently has a following of 30.2 million users.
- And finally, our number 1 in this TikTok hall of fame is a 17-year-old girl named Loren Gray – the most followed person on TikTok. At a certain point, she had her own Snapchat Show called “Glow Up”. That show gave her nominations at the Teen Choice Awards and People’s Choice Awards. She is an active music producer since 2017 and her most recent single is “Can’t Do It”. She has a staggering 38.6 million followers on her TikTok account.
Tik Tok Social Media App Trending Hashtags
To get your video high rated or viral you must think about using HASHTAGS as a way to reach out to a bigger audience. Popular hashtags, popular video. Therefore, if your goal is to get more people to follow you or like and share your video, then you must know about the best hashtags on TikTok. Here are some of them.
Start using the Best Hashtags right away. It’s easier than ever to become whatever you want. You just needed the right toll and TikTok is your partner in crime. So, take good advantage of it. Friendly advice? Keep yourself updated, because everything changes and so are the trends :).
If you like our article, or you would like to add something, please feel free to leave us a comment.